For the aforementioned purpose, the Company will:
1.Collection of Personal Information
KDDI FRANCE handle the information as listed below, which is collected by legal and fair means. Personal Information collected on customers may be shared among the services and operations of KDDI corporation group and affiliates.
KDDI FRANCE collects the personal information (such as name, address, telephone number, E-mail address and etc) of its customers to the extent necessary to provide KDDI FRANCE services. In addition, when KDDI FRANCE has collected personal information from its customers or attempts to collect personal information from its customers, KDDI FRANCE discloses to its customers and announces to (or notifies) its customers the intended purpose for which it will use such information.
2.Usage of Personal Information
KDDI FRANCE will not handle the personal information in its possession beyond the extent necessary for fulfilling its intended purpose of usage except in the following cases:
- (a.) In instances where the customer has granted their permission.
- (b.) In instances where KDDI FRANCE is required to do so by a legally-enforced order.
- (c.) If such information is required for the protection of a person's life, body, or property, and the permission of the customer cannot be readily obtained.
- (d.) If such information is required especially for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound nurturing of children, and the permission of the customer cannot be readily obtained.
- (e.) If it becomes necessary by legal ordinance to cooperate with a government agency, public authorities, or parties authorized by them, and there is concern that seeking permission of the customer may hinder the execution of the relevant duties.
In addition, KDDI FRANCE may notify other telecommunications companies' personal information in its possession, limited to the information of non-paying customers, as stipulated in other agreements.
3.Management of Personal Information
KDDI FRANCE takes measures to manage access to personal information, limit the steps of its handling, and prevent unauthorized outside access, as well as measures to prevent leakage, loss or damage (hereinafter referred to as "Leakage, etc.") and other necessary and appropriate measures (hereinafter referred to as "KDDI FRANCE Data Security Policy") in order to safely manage personal information.
KDDI FRANCE Data Security Policy is classified into two major categories, Technological Protection Measures and Organizational Protection Measures, and each category is implemented appropriately.
a. Technological Protection Measures
- (1) Clearly regulating the responsibility and authority of employees and subcontracted parties engaged in safety management
- (2) Establishing internal codes of behaviour and manuals regarding safety management, and instructing employees to comply with such codes and manuals, as well as supervising compliance with such codes and manuals where appropriate
- (3) Appropriate supervision of employees and subcontracted parties involved with safety management through measures such as confidentiality agreements with employees and subcontracted parties
- (4) ANecessary training for employees involved with safety management
b. Organizational Protection Measures
- (1) Management of access to personal information (limiting employees with authority to access information (including measures such as immediate deactivation of accounts of employees who have transferred or left the company), surveillance of access status (such as long-term storage of access logs), regular changing of passwords, room entry/exit supervision, etc.)
- (2) Limits to steps in handling of personal information (prohibition of storage to external storage devices without permission, setting internal guidelines to monitor internal/external E-mail correspondence, etc.)
- (3) Measures to prevent unauthorized outside access (establishing firewalls, etc.)
4.Disclosure of Personal Information
KDDI FRANCE will answer, within a reasonable time period, requests from the customer or a party acting on behalf of the customer for disclosure of applicable personal information, except in the following cases:
- (a.) If there is due concern of damage to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the customer or any third party
- (b.) If there is due concern of a significant obstruction to the proper operations of KDDI FRANCE
- (c.) If there is the possibility of violation of any legal ordinances
5.Amendments of Personal Information
KDDI FRANCE , if requested by the customer or a party acting on behalf of the customer to make amendments, additions, or deletions to the content of the applicable personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Amendments, etc.") will examine the request within a reasonable time period and, based on this examination, will carry out Amendments, etc. of the applicable personal information within the extent necessary to fulfill the intended purpose.
Grievances Regarding Handling of Personal Information
Complaints regarding KDDI FRANCE's handling of personal information (usage, provision, disclosure, amendments, etc.) can be made by the following means:
- By Phone
KDDI FRANCE +33 (0)1 58 01 20 00
(Weekday in France 9:00 - 12:00, 13:00 - 17:00)
- By letter (postal mail)
KDDI FRANCE S.A.S, 137 Boulevard Voltaire 75011 Paris FRANCE
- In person
We ask for your understanding that complaints cannot be directly received from a person who visits one of our offices directly.