Manage your own virtual data centre in total independence.
Telecloud Director – a self-service data centre
Do you want total freedom to configure your virtual servers by yourself? Telecloud Director brings you the fast response times your business demands! Manage your own fully virtualised, customised system and application architecture by drawing on a pool of resources placed at your disposal.
Virtual data centre
Telecloud Director is an IaaS offering that places a set of virtualised IT resources at your disposal, enabling you to manage a virtualised data centre in total independence without having to worry about the physical infrastructure.
The solution is based on the VMware® vCloud Director® product suite. Each resource pool is defined using the following criteria:
- Computing power of the virtual processors (in Ghz)
- Virtual memory size (vRAM in GB)
- Size and type (performance or capacity) of storage space in GB.
Computing power is expressed in GHz, and does not restrict the number of virtual processors (vCPU) within each virtual machine (VM) or within the allocated pool as a whole.
You can create as many VMs as you need, and allocate an unlimited number of vCPUs to each one. The only limitation is cumulative consumption at any given moment, which must not exceed the pool allocation.
Telecloud Director gives you access to the following services:
- Allocation of virtual resources (CPU, memory, disk space, networks);
- Management of your users;
- Management of your virtual servers and vApps (groups of pre-configured virtual servers);
- Management of your server images (ISO files, VMDK files, etc.);
- Daily snapshot of your virtual servers with a 7-day retention period;
- Multi-carrier internet connection with DDoS protection at carrier level.
Self-service architecture management
Telecloud Director makes it easy to manage the virtual data centre resources, especially in terms of creating and managing virtual machines, via a web console.
This console enables you to:
- Open an administrator account, and manage users and their rights
- Manage the networks within and outside the virtual data centre (internet or MPLS), to make the VMs accessible from the external network
- Manage network security: firewall, VPN access (if any), private IP addressing of VMs
- Manage the catalogue of system images to create the VMs (KDDI France supplies standard Windows and Linux system images)
- Manage the VMs and vApps. vAPPs are sets of preconfigured VMs that operate together from an application point of view
- Access the operating logs.
Network access and security
KDDI France’s data centres are equipped with high-performance, fully redundant network infrastructure ensuring a bit rate of 1 Gbps at the network interfaces of your virtual machines.
Internet access to your VMs is secured by an Edge firewall in conjunction with clustered hardware. The KDDI France teams keep network traffic secure by monitoring it constantly
They will help you manage your streams and create VPN tunnels enabling you to connect to your VMs in total security.
Your virtual servers configured with Telecloud Director can be fitted out with two types of storage:
- High-performance storage through SSD full flash drives with I/O capacities ten times greater than those of conventional rotating disks,
- Capacitive storage, based on conventional disks with an SSD cache. This option optimises the costs of storing data that is less heavily used.
High availability and resilience
KDDI France’s expert teams use VMware® hypervisors to manage the Telecloud Agility/Director cloud.
VMware® services ensure maximal resilience, power and flexibility:
- Hot migration of a virtual machine from one hypervisor to another without a break in service
- High availability by automatically restarting virtual servers on another hypervisor in the event of a hardware failure
- Load balancing by automatically distributing hardware resources to optimise performance
Snapshots A daily copy,
for added protection
A daily image of each of your VMs
- Enabling a VM to be fully restored
- Useful in the event of a failure or human error
- Images kept for seven rolling days
Infrastructure administration Secured, tracked
Monitoring of streams between administrator workstations and production infrastructure
- Wallix Bastion admin technology, awarded first-level security certification by France’s National Cybersecurity Agency (ANSSI)
- Tracking of actions performed on the production servers
- Protection against the spread of malware via the workstation
Summary of services included
|24/7 support||Technical support by email and telephone|
|Internet access||Multi-carrier internet access with DDoS protection|
|Microsoft licences||Microsoft® Windows Server licences provided|
|Web console||Secure web console to manage your virtual data centre|
|API||Complete catalogue of APIs to control your virtual data centre|
|Port console||Access to the port console of your VMs|
|Snapshots||Daily snapshot of your VMs|
|Snapshot logging||Retention period of 7 days|
Contact an expert
Got a question? Looking to outsource your infrastructure?
Need some specific information?
Our expert consultants are on hand to help!